Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Unity Learning Academy PTA needs YOU!
Join the Unity Learning Academy Parent Teacher Association and help support our school! The cost to join is only $6 per parent, payable to our Parent Facilitator, C. Johnson. Your fee can be paid during the school day or at any Family Dinner Night.
Unity Learning Academy Parental Involvement Policy
No Child left Behind Act, is now the Every Student Success Act
Tulsa Public School's Vision Statement
Tulsa Public Schools is the destination for extraordinary educators who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers and life.
ULA Elementary Vision & Mission
Scholars at ULA Will joyfully engage in an academically rigorous curriculum that prepares them for a rigorous Jr. High and High School experience all in the service for preparing them for collegeand beyond!
ULA Core Values
Equity, Character, Excellence, Team Joy
Our students can learn, our teachers can make it happen, our Principal are key, our district is "all in" our community is essential. Our support staff is very instrumental in helping all these Wonderful things happening!
ULA Elementary Target Goals:
ULA Reading Scores on the OST for all grades 3rd-6th Gradewill be at least 80% proficient. ULA will suspend fewer than 50 students and have fewer than 150 referrals.
ULA will have 95% of our students attend school on time on average throughout the year.
ULA Math Scores on the OST for all grades 3rd-6th Grade will be at least 70% proficient.
We strive to ensure every child is treated with fairness and respect and has equal opportunities to learn; We expect all students to follow school and classroom procedures so as to not interrupt the learning experience of others.
Please discuss with your child/children the need for good behavior and a positive attitude while at school. Fighting, disrespect towards students or adults, obscene language, or destruction of school property will not be tolerated.
- EUREKA MATH
- Sipps Reading Intervention
- Pearson Science Read 180
- System 44 Dream box Math
Consequences for Not Respecting Procedures at Jackson
- General Verbal Warning- with reminder about appropriate behavior. Individual Verbal Warning with reminder about appropriate behavior. Move to different seat.
- Loss of a privilege such as, recess or after school activities. Check In/Out Teacher
- Parent will be notified by teacher if the behavior does not improve.
- Referral is issued and sent to the office. Parent conference with administration.
Resources Available at Jackson
- Family/Community Engagement Snow Cone Social
- Family Literacy Nights Family Dinner Nights Book Fair
- Winter and Spring Music and Art Program Parent Meetings & PTA
- 6th Grade, Pre-K, & Kindergarten Promotions Ham and Turkey Dinner Giveaways
- Youth Development/Out of School time Sewing Club
- Student Council Safety Patrol Debate Team
- Boys & Girl Scouts
- Reading, Math & Lunch Buddies Basketball/Soccer Team
- Chess Club
- 6th Grade to Helmzar Ropes Keyboard Class
- Bike Club
- Saturday school Tutoring Global Gardens
This policy is in accordance with Public Law 107 – 110, Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) – Title 1 Parental Involvement
Reviewed/revised September 2018
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
Unity Learning Academy
2137 N. Pittsburg Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74115